Philips 55PFL5706/F7 55-inch 1080p 120 Hz LCD HDTV with Wireless Net TV, Black

 Philips 55PFL5706/F7 55-inch 1080p 120 Hz LCD HDTV with Wireless Net TV, Black

Philips 55PFL5706/F7 55-inch 1080p 120 Hz LCD HDTV with Wireless Net TV, Black User Who Bought This Item Also Bought


Friday, May 1, 2015

Philips 55 Philips O'Neill SHO9560BK

Philips 55 Philips O'Neill SHO9560BK

Philips 55 Philips O'Neill SHO9560BK

Philips 55 Philips O'Neill SHO9560BK

Philips O'Neill SHO9560BK/28 Over-Ear Headphones - Black (Discontinued by Manufacturer)

Picked up a pair of these for myself for just $15 (thanks TJ Maxx) on a whim since I needed to replace an older cheap pair that broke. I never imagined how good $15 could sound or feel! I've been wearing these for a few hours now listening to a variety of music (Civil Wars, Tesseract, Sigur Ros, Jason Aldean) and testing them compared to some other pairs of over-the-ears that I own. These are by far my favorite...now my disclaimer: I consider myself an audiophile in the sense that I record/mix/produce music in a REAL studio. I have learned what good sound is through $10,000 speakers. Don't expect that from headphones. That's just silly.

The bottom line is that the sound is GOOD. Good (in the case of these) does mean a bit colored. They have a punchy, articulated bass that is exaggerated yet tight - but not too exaggerated. Midrange is slightly (very slightly) scooped. Treble is well-pronounced, crisp, and clean, without being tinny or harsh. The 40mm drivers deliver well, giving a wide stereo image, but I can notice a lack of depth at times. Sound Isolation is good. No clear data that I could see but I'd guess -20 to -25dB.

The cord is long enough to allow me to stick my iPod in my pocket, and the braid keeps it from getting pinched in places. I like that it is replaceable ('cause we all know it's eventually going to go...) and Philips will send you one for free.

Comfort-wise is my one complaint...I might scratch off 1/2 a star for that. The leather ear cups are quite comfortable for lengths of time, but I found the strap that goes over the had was a bit too short for my large noggin (I wear a size 8 hat). I don't typically consider my head to be large...I might need to reconsider. Nothing that a few frequent adjustments didn't fix.
Read more
Philips 55 Philips O'Neill SHO9560BK

No comments:

Post a Comment